Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Playing in the sawdust

I am so blessed to have my grandparents close for lots of reasons. One being that my kids get to know them. Monday Mema and Papaw were here to scope out a project and they got to have ice cream with us! Tuesday they came back and I got to play in the sawdust with Papaw.
He is a master carpenter and does beautiful work. We have many pieces of furniture that he built. Including "the kids' cabinet" that he made for me when I was a little girl. It is a kitchen complete with a sink and light up stove! Too fun! Well, in our new house I had this problem corner. The oven wasn't installed quite right and it completely blocked this drawer. And there was this little door for this whole big corner cabinet--it was useless!

So Papaw to the rescue! He made the oven fit, and fixed the drawer to where it is accessable (the oven door has to be open, but it works)! And he cut new doors on the backside of the cabinet for me. I love it! In a small space the little things make a huge difference! Papaw let me help him some. It has been a long time since I played in the sawdust! Thanks, Papaw!
So here is my kitchen. I still want to add some greenery at the top, but for the most part it is settled. A new, working dishwasher will make it sweet! At the bottom of the picture, that is not our supper... SweetBoy has a project going--a dinosaur dig. I knew you were curious about that!



2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I love it when Papaws can rescue us! Cute kitchen! It's a pretty good size...for free...

Mom said...

love it! and it really is cute in person too!
love mom!