Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stockshow and gingerbread

Only on this blog would you find a combination like "stockshow and gingerbread!"  Here are the stockshow tournament pictures that I mentioned in the last post.  SweetDoll did Pee-wee showmanship in both shows.  The first time she got a ribbon.  The second time she got a dollar!


This was SweetTate's first time out in the ring with the lamb for showmanship.  We borrowed a lamb (We thought Lightnin' might be a little fiesty for him to handle and that way both little ones could show.)  He did really good.  The judge asked him what the lamb's name was--he had no idea because it wasn't our lamb!  So they just decided it was Lightnin' II!  He got a dollar too.  When he showed it to me, I said, "That is better than a ribbon, right?"  "No."  And then Mom wouldn't even let him go spend it at the consession stand!  Poor baby!  (Enough sugar, that is all I'm saying!)  Anyway, I thought he was precious!
 SweetBoy had a great day showing.  He placed 7th in the first show and 3rd in the afternoon show.  He learned a lot and had a quick opportunity to put it into practice.  It was good experience for him.  And we had a fun day together.  (It was a long day!  I'm still learning to be an ag mom!)
 So here is where the gingerbread comes in.  This week the kids and I did a gingerbread house.  Mmm...it smelled so good when we opened the package!  We had a good time putting it together.
 Voila!
No promises that I'll get on here with pictures again before the 25th, so Merry Christmas from the Sweet House!



No comments: