In the car yesterday, we had a PureNRG CD in. I have heard it 100 times, but never really heard the words to this song. It so hit home! (I know it's a kids' CD, but it is truth!) It is called "Pray" and here are the first lines... (or see it, hear it here.)
Overwhelmed and uninspired
Miscommunication breakdown
I'm in an ocean
Trying to start a fire
Burning out
I know what I've got to do
Take my time and talk to You...
...I see clearly
Every single time I
Close my eyes and
Pray
I so needed that reminder!
And then there is Travis Cottrell's newest album Jesus Saves Live. It leads me to worship everytime I sing with it! My favorites..."Do It Lord" and "In Christ Alone (with the Solid Rock)." I can't listen to that one without tears coming to my eyes. Oh, and "My Inheritance." If you went to Beth Moore's Living Proof last August in San Antonio, you will especially love that one too. You can get a glimpse of each song on Travis' website. (In the middle is a player, it starts automatically.)
Of course I couldn't talk about music without mentioning Steven Curtis Chapman. He has a new project coming out soon. It is an album that he did this year in the struggle of living after the death of his daughter, Maria. He talks about it in a blog video here. And here is the first single released.
So what is on your playlist lately that helps with your joy?
1 comment:
loved the SCC song Heave is a Face! :-) How very special! Thanks for sharing!!!
Songs... I just read Amanda's blog on LPM and her pics of Wyoming reminded me of the song God's Beautiful World from when I was a little girl.... Simple song that says so much... and of course How Great Thou Art... and Sweet Sweet Spriit... and Shout to the Lord with my beautiful daughter signing it!!!! Oh, Joy to the World is an all time favorite too! I love some of the new songs.... they just don't resonate with me like some of the oldies. Well..... at this moment anyway. The one Travis sings the names of I AM....
Last night in the video at church the guy was talking about singing such praise that even though you were at the edge of heaven in songs of praise... there comes a time of "i need more.... to worship Him... how can I worship Him more?" That's what praise songs do... they lift me to the edge of glory!
thanks for asking!!! it was good to think about these things!
love you!
Post a Comment