I have enjoyed blogging for a while now, but have gained a new appreciation for it recently. I have been working on our family picture album from 2008. Yes, I realize it is 2010 and that is a difference of two years! It is odd I don't have many pictures (relatively speaking), and I'm not sure why. For example, I only have 5 pictures of SweetBoy's baseball season that year. Five. That is so not like me! Maybe I was too busy chasing a 2 year old. That must have been it...oh, and we were potty training! No wonder! I really didn't see much of the games! Anyway, I am amazed at how little I remember to journal with these few pictures. Many times I have gone to the blog to see if I wrote anything noteworthy here. Thankfully, it has filled in many blanks! I like my digital scrapbook here in the now, so I can refer back to it later when my brain fails me!
Speaking of baseball...yesterday we signed up for baseball and softball! Yea! I am spoiled to have everything within walking distance, so practices and games 15 minutes away are going to cramp my style! :)
Question...(you are up for a random post, right? Good.) We are almost at a point of reaching some pretty mountainous goals, and I feel the need to celebrate, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I am curious, how do you and your spouse or family celebrate milestones of accomplishment (beyond birthdays and anniversaries)?
Thanks for stopping by today, Blog Buddy! You are another reason I heart blogging!
4 comments:
LOL I do the same thing! I always say, "Well...according to the blog..."
At Cmas we couldn't remember who's turn it was to give presents to whom, so I consulted the blog.
AND since you have a blogger account, you also have a Picasa account. So, if your computer ever crashes and you loose all of your pictures, look on picasa and you'll find that blogger has been saving all the pics you put on the blog for you there. It's the best news I've had in 2010!
You celebrate with a visit to Tom Bean!!:-) I'm so excited for you - whatever you choose to do!
Our celebrations always include food!!!
For family celebrations...How about a "FUN DAY"...you could make a fun meal and eat on the living room floor, make a fun craft(s, go on an outing,etc. Let everyone come up with a fun thing to do (fly a kite,etc) and have Brenden write out a plan for the day, put it on the fridge and wait for the anticipation...you know anticipation is half the fun!!!
If you are just celebrating with the hubby, a nice, slow dinner is a;ways nice!!!
Interesting thing about celebrations... as ananomous said earlier... it always includes food! :-) We were discussing that the other day... that birthdays and everything always has "FOOD" as a big part of the celebration and how "bad" that was for us healthwise.... wellllll... I had a "revolution" the other day while studying by Bible..... Most all celebrations that I can think of in the Bible, the celebrate with food or a meal.... so there you have it... it is BIBLICAL to celebrate with FOOD!!!! :-)
Post a Comment