Here is a little background you need to know to fully appreciate this story. We live at point A. Point C is down the road about 45 minutes and that is where the grocery store and the dentist are. Point B is a town on the way to Point C about 15 minutes from home (so it is about 30 minutes from Point C). Does that make sense? Good.
On Monday, SweetHeart decided to make a dentist appointment for SweetBoy at the same time as his next appointment. Great! Well, that didn't work, so they set it for the end of the month. That wasn't good for me. When he called back to change it, they asked, "What about tomorrow at 4?" No problem. New plan for Tuesday...since we would be in town where the grocery store is and I haven't been in like a month, I got my grocery list ready to do that while we were there.
So Tuesday I pick up SweetBoy a little early from school and we are off. We were talking about how long it would take us and when we would get home. I was estimating a little before bed time--no reason to rush. Then he says, "Oh, Mom, I have a basketball game tonight."
"Tonight? Like in a few hours?"
"Yes, I got a note today about it."
You have got to be kidding me! So our nice little trip to Point C just turned into a race! Thankfully the game was at Point B, and thankfully the game was later than it usually is! We arrived a little early, so we stopped to get gas. Then on to the dentist where we left right when we needed to so we could head to the store. (And by the way, no cavities! Praise the Lord!) We set a land speed record in Wal-Mart, and got everything on the list, I might add! (Except cleets for baseball that SweetBoy is hounding me about, but they didn't have them!) Then we hit Sonic and left with plenty of time to not have to speed to Point B to get changed and play basketball. (Dad and the other kids met us there with his jersey.) Whew! Are you tired too?
Thank goodness it is not like this all the time! But with two about to be playing baseball/softball, our schedule is going to kick up a notch. (Hopefully we will have a little more notice about games and practice.) That would be helpful! ;)
Well, that is what is happening here. How about you? Any tips about balancing schedules and getting it all done?
1 comment:
Apparently you already know the only advice I have...Sonic :)
I haven't been to the grocery store in about a month either, and we only live 5 minutes from the store :)
Love you!
Post a Comment