Monday, June 21, 2010

What's up

I finally got the pictures off my camera.  I mentioned a few weeks ago, we got to go to my grandparents to visit when my cousin and her kids were there. 

We had such a good time.  I didn't take a lot of pictures, but these are some fun memories:
*  having ice cream in the fancy dishes!
*  hearing the kids play hide and seek
*  playing on and "cleaning" Granddad's saddle
*  playing Fast Track
*  sleeping on the big feather beds
*  We were cleaning up from supper, and Grandma wanted to throw some greasy/soapy water outside.  I opened the door for her and barely stepped out of the way enough.  Granddad is my witness, she tried to throw it on me!  ;)
*  the kids, especially SweetTate, discovering the door bell.  The door bell has chimes at the top of the stairs.  The kids had asked me what they were and I told them, but right before we left, SweetTate was outside and couldn't get in so he rang the doorbell and he heard them!  They asked what that music was and I told them it was the chimes at the top of the stairs.  They ran to the door, pushed the button, and ran up the stairs to check it out.  SweetTate probably did that 15 times, and every time Grandma and Granddad just smiled and enjoyed the kids being there.  It was the same smile they wore the whole time we were there.  "This old house came to life!"  It was a nice reminder to enjoy my kids and worry about fingerprints on brass chimes later!

We also stole away after VBS and between ball games to go to SweetHeart's home town, and see our new nephew!  He is so precious!

All the family got together to celebrate recent and upcoming birthdays, and we took time out to take a picture of the grandkids.  (Yes, I know better than taking it in front of window, but that is where they landed and when you are trying to herd 12 kids, you take what you get!)  :)


Then it was Father's Day.  SweetBoy was visiting grandparents, so he was not here--we'll get him later.  SweetTate was very proud to be wearing a tie like Daddy.  "It's not a working tie, Mom."  Ok, SweetTate, you'll have plenty of time for working ties later!

Swimming lessons started this week for SweetTate and SweetDoll.  She didn't really like to jump off the side of the pool and anytime we swim he is attached to me.  Day 1 and they are already little fish, going off the diving board and down the slide!  By the end of the week they will be able to jump and get to the side of the pool by themselves!  I see camping out in the deep end in my future! 

No comments: