Round 2 of show lamb at the Sweet House! SweetBoy picked out his lamb for this year. Picked it out and paid for it himself. There are lots of perks to this project and learning money management is definetely one of them! Granddad got to go on the adventure with Dad and SweetBoy. The seller came off the price quite a bit and Dad said lunch would be on SweetBoy. When they arrived at the restaurant, SweetHeart said, "I think I'll leave my phone in the truck." SweetBoy piped up, "I think I will leave my wallet in here too." The guys got a kick out of that!
In the meantime, SweetDoll was at home cleaning out the water bucket and filling it up. And cleaning out the dog poop from the sheep pen. I told her that would be fine to leave it! Seriously.
Lightnin' had been in the pen a little while, when SweetTate heard him baa. He said with all the pride of a big brother, "Mom, it was Lightnin's first baa!" just like he had said his first word.
When we had Snowflake last year, we were between dogs. It has been really funny to watch Lucy and Lightnin' check each other out. So far they are holding their own, and yet no one has gotten hurt.
Now I don't know much about sheep--only what I learned from listening to the judge last year at the stockshow--but this looks like a good one! After a few days, SweetBoy has him walking with him pretty well!
1 comment:
I just love this!!! It is funny too, that you have a lamb on your front sidewalk!!! Hoping to see you Friday night at your folks house for pizza. Love ya!!!
Post a Comment