Saturday, June 28, 2008

Whew! The summer rolls on!

Well, we have had


a great-grandmother's 94th birthday celebration,
a last name family reunion,






a trip to hometown with grands and great-grandparents and on to visit other greats (it was so fun to watch my kids play in the house and with the toys that my brother and I used to play with, we played Fast Track, and Great-Granddaddy made the big kids stilts!) and back to hometown...



while we were there, we had fun on the Bonzi Blaster and played in the pool,










riding horses (some of Granny's friends have two horses that they let us ride for almost an hour--the kids loved it!)







Mema always enjoys the kids coming to her house for coffee break and playing or reading stories with her.



The big kids and I went for a hike to see a national monument one day. And camping in the camper in the backyard with Granny and Papa was a big adventure!








Then we came home to VBS at our church! Then a weekend of All-Star baseball! I know, "Makes me tired just thinkin' about it."


And this week, SweetDoll had a sleepover at a cousin's house, and SweetBoy stayed with Meme and Granddad. SweetTate stayed home, and Mom took a deep breath! This month looks like it will slow down, thankfully. I read a book I want to tell you about and I just started a really good Bible study...until next time! Enjoy your summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what fun to have you home!!!! Thanks for sharing!
I love you and wish so much that we could be closer in distance to share even more! :-)
Love
Mom