Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Love my Siestas!


Wow! What a weekend! I have no idea who these girls are, but I thought it was a neat picture of the weekend. They may not have even known each other face to face before Friday, or they may have known each other for years! But that is what Siestas do...walk together under the umbrella of God's love through life's rain.
The teaching, the worship, being with the siestas, putting faces with screen names (like The Preacher's Wife and BooMama), spending time with Jen, my bff from high school, and my mom was great. But most of all I have been with Jesus! A couple of cool things...I made some cards for my roomies before we left and one of them was Psalm 16. After we sang incredible worship with Travis (one song in particular was In Christ Alone), Psalm 16 began to scroll on the screen. Then Beth said turn there for our main passage, I just got goosebumps! Then I flew home Sunday just in time to make it to church with my family. Guess what we sang...In Christ Alone and Enough! It was like God was saying, "yes, we had a sweet time in San Antonio, but here is where I have your lot set for now and for a purpose." Talk about God Stops! I just love it when He shows up personally like that!

6 comments:

Groovewoman said...

Did we sing "Enough" at the conference? If so, do you know who it's by or what some of the lyrics are? Reason I'm asking, is because there was one song we sang that I don't know the name of but would learn to find.

Anonymous said...

Shelly--

I have been meaning to return your call--no excuses here...just busy. I am glad you had a wonderful time in SA! Wish I could have been there with you.

Love you much,

Lisa

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

Groovewoman,
No, I don't think we sang Enough by Chris Tomlin at the conference. But it fit so well. Here is a link to the lyrics http://www.christian-lyrics.net/artist/chris-tomlin/track/enough-lyrics.html

twinkle said...

Wow! I wonder if it's Patty and Kim? This was so good I added it to my post on favorite recaps of the Siesta Fiesta. Thank you so much for sharing this...

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Hi Shelly!

Wasn't the Fiesta the greatest?? It just wasn't long enough though...I don't know about you but I'm still utterly exhausted. :))

Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am BLESSED MANY TIMES OVER!!!! Thanks for putting into words what I can only feel! I loved our special time together and with Jen too!!! But most of all with Jesus... You know... I don't want this to sound really weird... but do you think maybe Shanna could see us worshiping and feasting on manna and was there with us? That would make the weekend even more special!!! With all my girls and best friends too! Love Mom

PS... Lisa... wish you could have been with us too!