
We picked up Dad in the hall and he walked with us to take SweetBoy to his class. It's one of the perks! :)
Now it is SweetDoll's turn. (Yes, that backpack is as big as she is! Thankfully it can snap smaller and she will only be carrying a folder and library books.)

Mixed emotions for this Momma...I will not miss the sibling aggravation a lot of the day. You know, the "Mom, he's looking at me!" kind of stuff. But she is my baby girl and she is not here! SweetBoy reminded me that I'm trading that for "Mom, will you play with me?" from SweetTate and he has not disappointed!
We have already set up the tent...yes, in my very small living room (more on the new house another day). And we already have plans for a bike ride, watching Thomas, and having an egg sandwich for lunch! And part of my mixed emotions is missing my good friend to share this day of sadness and joy with--her baby girl went to kindergarten today too.
We are looking forward to our traditional "first day of school ice cream" after school! Well, I have a request for a sleeping bag to go in the tent, so I better go before he tries to climb to the top of his closet to get it!
4 comments:
Oh Yes... I remember when my best friend daughter went to school the first day.... I could not function till she got home.... everyday for the first week!!!! I still love my best friend daughter!!!
Blessings to you today!
Love Mom
I was wondering if you were going for ice cream today! I meant to ask you on the phone. Thanks for calling...it was so good to talk to you. I'm going to take my kids to Dairy Queen b/c I like your tradition and am stealing your great idea. Just wish we could do it together!!
Love,
Alyssa
Awesome! Time just flies by, huh? They are so cute and I hope their day was filled with wonder, excitement and fantastic ice cream!
Glad you're back online! I know you've been busy getting settled and getting the family ready for their new adventures. Thanks for the school pictures. My day is tomorow, so I'll post then. Love you.
Post a Comment