Down in My Heart Kind of Joy
Lesson 6
Joyful Praise
Lesson 6
Joyful Praise
This is the lesson I expected this whole joy thing to be about. Whew! It is so much more than just praise! Don’t get me wrong praise is important, but this greater joy is so much more than that! Because when I spend time in God’s presence, I will seek His instruction and I will joyfully praise Him! And what better place to see it than in the Psalms. Read these verses and make note of any words or phrases that ring true to you.
Psalm 5:11
Psalm 9:2
Psalm 22:26
Psalm 33:1
Psalm 90:14
Personal worship and praise is important. It is also vital to worship and praise God together with other believers. It is contagious and encouraging! Psalm 27:6 mentions worshiping and praising at His sanctuary. And in the New Testament, Acts tells about the early church worshiping together.
Read Acts 2:46-47.
Again, God’s presence and joyful praising are intertwined. There is joy in the obedience of loving one another and sharing, and God blessed them.
Heart question:
Do you joyfully praise Him personally and with other believers?
You may ask how do you praise Him? Praise Him for who He is to you.
1 comment:
I'm praising God for a Daughter who loves the Lord and is Praising God in the down times and the good times. I'm praying for you and that you will get to join a local fellowship. I'm praying that God is raising up a friend that needs you as much as you need her--- and soon! I love you "Sweet Thing"!!!
Love Mom
PS thanks for the words of encouragment in your blog!
Post a Comment