Friday, October 9, 2009

The Lamb has Landed!

I used to say that I grew up on the farm. I have no idea why. I only lived there for 4 years before we moved to the "big city." (And yes, Mom, technically it is still the biggest city I have ever lived in!) But no. I'm really a city girl. It doesn't matter how small--I like being able to walk to the post office, city hall, and the school. I am totally clueless when it comes to animals. So let the adventures begin! SweetBoy has a show lamb! Thankfully SweetHeart (and Papa) are ol' pros at this so we have some experience in the family.
Did I mention she is in the backyard? SweetBoy can see her from his bedroom window. She will fit right in with the horses next door. That is just how our tiny town rolls! SweetBoy has been SO excited for her to finally get here. For weeks he has been drawing up plans how the pen will be, saving for feed, buying supplies, or talking about all of the above and more! (Talking about it...does that surprise anyone who knows him?!) When the ag teacher drove up this afternoon with the lamb he said with a gleam in his eye, "You'd think I was Santa Claus the way those kids reacted." He made their day! Thanks Santa!

2 comments:

Granny said...

How fun!!!! :-) I'm almost as excited as the kids!!!! wish i was a little bit closer!!!! :-) :-) Will come Ck out Snowflake as soon as i can! :-)(which might be a while!) :-(
love ya! and thanks for the pics!!!!

Lisa Whatley said...

Looks like so much fun!! I do kind of wish we lived in a small town. Give and take I guess.