Friday, November 13, 2009

Just a little something

The Halloween candy is half eaten, the leaves are almost off the trees. It's two weeks until Thanksgiving, so you know, it is time for Christmas commercials...what is up with that! Someone emailed me a Go Fish song about Christmas that was pretty good. This song was a related video and I thought my fellow moms would enjoy it. I can totally relate..."tired of doing dishes, and know who Elmo's fish is!" I don't know about you, but this mom needed an "ata girl!" so I'll share it with you. Enjoy!



This week I have been doing some baking for Thanksgiving. Here is a new recipe to me that is very yummy--it should be with all the butter! Don't think about the calories, just make it for a crowd and have a little bit!

Pumpkin Cobbler

3 eggs beaten
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
dash of cloves
1 tsp vanilla
18 1/4 oz. yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cup margarine melted
1 cup chopped pecans

Stir everything together except the cake mix, margarine, and pecans in a bowl. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture. Melt the margarine, and drizzle over the top of the cake mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Chop pecans and sprinkle over the top. Bake 15 more minutes.

1 comment:

Mom said...

loved the cobbler YUMMMM AND the Go Fish Song!!! :-)