Monday, April 18, 2011

You might be a baseball mom if...

For the past 5 years I have known the day would come that all three of my kids would play ball at the same time.  I have kind of dreaded it.  Three different teams.  Three different practices schedules.  Three different game schedules.  One frazzled mom!  But actually, I'm so excited for SweetTate to start!  He has some mad almost-five-year-old skillz and he is going to love it!  I can't wait to watch him play too!  His and SweetDoll's games are on the same day in the same place.  And SweetBoy's schedule will be winding down when theirs gears up, so I think I can handle it.  (Remind me of that in a few weeks!)

You might be a baseball mom if...
* you have scraped a page or two on your laptop in the car during practice
* you have the early bird supper at 4:45 before practice or games
* you know what an rbi, dp, and k mean and when it is a good thing!
* you have a repertoire of suppers to take to the ballpark
* you are horse from cheering for your favorite teams
* you also have DQ's number in your phone so you can place an order and pick it up for supper!
* you have shopped for boy's foundational garments--that was a new experience!
* you love to see your man playing with the kids
* you have a permanent cooler packed with snacks and drinks by the door
* you sit through rain, snow, wind, heat, cold, and sun to watch ballgames
* you know how to score a game for the coach
* you can wash a uniform Friday after the game and have it ready for a Saturday morning game
* when you hear the word diamond, shiney and sparklely don't describe your picture
* your heart has sunk too when they strike out
* your heart has soared when they get their first hit of the season!
* you jump up and scream when they score!
You might be a baseball mom, if you can't wait to watch your kids play!

1 comment:

Corina said...

LOVE it!! Yes, m'am, baseball moms are we! : )