Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wakin' Up Hugs

One of my favorite things about being a mom are those hugs when the kids first get up.  We call them "wakin' up hugs."  This morning SweetTate came and crawled in my lap.  I told him, "I love wakin' up hugs."  He said, "Mom, I'm just going to let you hug me" and tucked his arms in between us to keep them warm.  I'm sure that he was thinking just let me wrap my arms around him, as opposed to monkey hugs--another favorite--where he wraps his arms and legs around me and can hang on all by himself even if I walk around!

I happened to be sitting at the table doing my Bible study when he came in.  His comment made me think of my wakin' up hugs with my Heavenly Father.  Some mornings I'm clinging to Him with all my might.  Other times I just need to let Him hug me.  This weekend I heard Beth Moore speak and she made the point that we have to operate out of a present awareness of His love.  That fills us up so we have what we need to love others.  If we try to love others without knowing that He loves us, we will run out of energy really fast.  His hugs come in lots of different forms.  It may be a sunrise.  Maybe a fresh insight from His Word.  Or one of His little ones coming into your arms to just be with you.

Thank You, Father, for these precious moments and the reminder of Your love for me.

No comments: