Monday, March 1, 2010

Scripture Memory Team #5

I am realizing over and over again how much I need God's Word to work in my life.  It is so powerful to change the way I think and react.  It gives me so much hope that struggles I have right now will not be for long if I let Him chip away at it.  And it gives me the strength to know it will be there in the future when I need to stand on that promise again.  This is just huge to me!

Here is my verse this time around.  (Remember you can choose your own, you don't have to pick this one.)

1 Peter 2:9  (NIV)
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light.
Our pastor has been teaching in 1 Peter for several weeks and this caught my attention.  Then it came up again, so I'm guessing it is a truth that I need to take to heart!  To be chosen and belong to God is so precious!  And to know that He will never reject me or turn me away.  He always has time for me, and when I seek Him, I will always find Him.  His wonderful light is SO much better than the darkness!  No one else can fit this description!  I love being His!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I can't believe it is already time for another verse.... I'm still not up to speed on my other 4... but still working on them.

How are the kids coming along? I saw Mema's spiral on the table the other day indicating that she is still working on hers as well. God is so pleased!

Lord, Please bind Satan so we can remember Your words in Scripture that you have given us.

Now, I'm going to use the same scripture for different reasons.... but it is a good one. Thank you for sharing:
I Peter 2:9 (NIV)
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light."

Blessings today!

Lora said...

This verse is a wonderful reminder of who we are in Christ! I have it posted on our teens bathroom mirror because I want them to daily be reminded of this Truth! Don't you love how the LORD uses a theme to speak to us? He does that to me often where I feel like I'm hearing the same *things* over and over again before I get it!

Blessings to you Shelly!

PS Your snow pictures are adorable!

sister sheri said...

Shelly, I am just about undone... My pastor's wife just spoke 1 Peter 2:9 over me today. It was from the Living Bible. Thank you for posting this... what a love touch from God for me.

My verse 5 is

Do not conform any longer
to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the
RENEWing of your mind.
Then you will be able to
test and approve
what God's will is—
his good, pleasing
and perfect will.
Romans 12:2