Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

I know this is a little after the fact and everyone is moving on to Christmas. But we just got home from spending the holiday with family and friends. I just have to say we have the neatest families. Thanksgiving is not about the meal--turkey, dressing, and pumpkin pie (although those things are very much enjoyed!) It is about being together. Sharing stories. Three generations playing 42 and the fourth can't wait to jump in. Mothers and daughters in the kitchen anticipating what is needed and having it ready before she even asks. Friends and "other side of the family" welcome as if they are blood-kin. Don't get me wrong, we have our problems, but it isn't anything we can't face together with God's help. I am so blessed and grateful for our family! OK, I'm off to decorate for Christmas!

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

So glad you had a good holiday. We were in A-town for the day. Uncle Bubba works at Marty's, so we met him there and had a late lunch. It was wonderful to skip the cooking and cleaning. Just wish we'd seen Uncle Bubba more!

Happy decorating!