You have probably seen the email that calculates the cost of raising a child--something like $185,000. I expected the monotary costs of food, clothes, housing, doctor visits...the unmonotary costs of the loss of sleep, privacy, time... Well as was vacuuming this morning, I sucked up 2, almost 3, rubberbands that I didn't see in time to save. And wouldn't you know the one I did see was broken! Since kids entered our house it seems that we never have rubberbands, paper clips, or tape! Tape! I went to wrap presents this Christmas and ran out of tape! (One year I was out of tape and used rubber cement! That was a hoot!) I put up the Christmas tree and didn't have any masking tape to secure the box. Scotch tape wouldn't hold it, and I couldn't find the duct tape! With creations like this...

it's a wonder we have any tape at all!
(I'm not sure what it is, so don't ask!)

With my mom it was clothes pins. We were always using her clothes pins to make a tent somewhere. With my Mema it was nails. My Papaw is a master carpenter, and we loved to "hammer" with his scraps. I'm sure they wondered where that new box of nails went to on more than one occasion! Of course, kids are so worth it. It just sometimes makes me laugh at the little things we run out of! So what are some of the uncalculated costs of parenting for your family?
2 comments:
toilet paper
hand soap
what-I-thought-was-my-secret-stash-of Propel fitness water
pencils with erasers
oh, and MY Sonic tea, drained to the bottom by one of the 4 yr olds
Post a Comment