The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 40:5
Friday, February 22, 2008
We are the Children of God!
A few weeks ago Mom called and said Steven Curtis Chapman is coming to town, do you want to come? Um...let me think about it...YES! He is one of those musicians who write songs that just speak to my life every time! From "Great Adventure" going to college, "I'll Be Here" duet with SweetHeart at our wedding, "Fingerprints of God" on the walls of SweetBoy's nursery, "Dive," "All Things New," "Believe," "One Little Heartbeat" lost in mommy-hood, to "We Are the Children of God." When we got his latest CD for Christmas, the kids loved "Children of God" and ask for it every time we get in the car. I told SweetDoll that we were going to the concert and she needed to practice and be ready to sing it with SCC. And boy was she ready! She doesn't typically sing very loud. But when Steven started playing the song, her eyes lit up! When our part came to sing, I could hear her, even with the band rockin' out! What a blessing to have a blast with my girl, and see her light up about being in God's family! What fun! Not to mention I cried, again--I do everytime, during "Cinderella." I thought of SweetHeart when Steven sang "I will be Here," and SweetBoy during "Fignerprints." SweetTate was in my arms as we sang "You are Loved." Oh, I want my kids to grow up knowing that the Father sings over them and loves them more than they can know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment