Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I know that I know!

I'm doing Beth Moore's David: 90 Days with a Heart Like His devotional book. This is one of the questions this week and I wanted to throw it out here to see what you know too.

What are some things you know to be true about God?

I know that He is good, faithful, and truth. He can be found. He is holy. I can be in His presence. He is my guide, my source of joy, my friend, and my teacher. I know He is sovereign. (Then I ran out of room in the blank!)



How could these bold, unchangeable declarations speak hope and encouragement into your life today? What current situations would look different through this kind of lens?

I don't know about you, but for me that is certainly encouraging for any situation! Beth said, "In confusing times, recounting what we do know refreshes us." That helps us too because "in times like these, we find out whether we have based our faith on who God is or on what He does." I want to know Him more!

Your turn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that Jesus Loves Me! He is faithful and true! He holds me in his arms like my earthly daddy would... even still today if I needed him to!

Very good food for thought! thanks for prodding those thot processes!
love ya!
Mom