Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm glad I'm a mom because...

Recently Jill Savage had a contest "I'm glad I'm a Mom because...". I didn't enter, but it did start me thinking about it this Mother's Day season.

I'm glad I'm a Mom because...When SweetBoy crosses the plate to score in his baseball game, he looks to the stands and flashes a big smile and thumbs up...at his mom. When SweetDoll gives me a great big hug for no reason and says "I love you, Mom!" When SweetTate walks through the dark hallway to my room in the middle of the night with his blanket and pillow in tow to crawl in bed...with his mom. All the kids did this, right now it is SweetTate's turn...when we pick him up at the nursery, he runs from wherever he is straight to...his mom's arms for a big hug. I'm glad I'm a Mom because I have the sweetest kids! And I'm glad I'm a Mom because God has taught me so much about Himself as my Heavenly Father. He is my biggest fan. In His Word, He daily gives me a big hug and tells me He loves me. And no matter what the situation, I know I can go to Him to cry, complain, celebrate, or just rest. I am so blessed to be a Mom!

No comments: