Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

I just love clean slates, and that is what the New Year feels like. A chance to start again. I have finally realized that I don't have to feel like the past year failed if it wasn't "perfect." There was some growth and that was good. I won't arrive until I'm in heaven, so do my best and be happy with that. Now it is time to refocus toward the goal and go again. Last year the theme was giving God my best. This year the theme is focusing on Him through it all. I'm watching the video Bible study by Beth Moore called Wising Up. One of the points she made was about Proverbs 3:5-6:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path
straight.

Acknowledge means to know Him. In everything I face I need to know Him there. Money trouble--know Him there. Parenting struggles--know Him there. Success--know Him there. Failure--know Him there. Relationship problems--know Him there. Get the picture? And I have to set my heart, mind, and soul on Him.
Colossians 3:1-2
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things
above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your mnds on
things above, not on earthly things.
So this is my main goal for the new year: to know Him and keep my heart set on things above.

Here is my top 9 list for 2009 that I want to work on.

1. Meet with God everyday in prayer and Bible study and use my journal.
2. Pray for SweetHeart and the kids more.
3. Memorize Scripture (Beth Moore has a challenge going if you want to join me. Here is the info and here is the sign up.)
4. Exercize more.
5. Read the Bible with my kids more.
6. Teach my kids to help around the house more.
7. Take time to play and enjoy my kids more.
8. Go to bed earlier.
9. Be on time to church. (Hubby will love that!)

These are not very qualitative, but any progress is good. I'm sharing it here so you can help keep me accountable, and I'm interested in any tips you may have that work at your house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always love reading your blog... even if we have just talked on the phone for an hour. We didn't talk about these things! :-)

A word I had last year and am going to carry it over this year I got from Becky Teribosi(SP?) -- anyway the word is INTENTIONAL. I want to be intentional about all I do and strive for this year. I failed at several things last year but hope to be successful this year.

Oh wait, is this your blog??? sorry! :-)

Love you Sweet THANG!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I thot you might have a new picture here... waiting... :-)
Mom

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I'm with Momma J, last year was settling in and enjoying the life I have, this year is be intentional about living the life I have.