Here is the crew that came this year. Both sets of my grandparents (that would be 4 of 5 great-grands for my kids!), my parents, my aunt and uncle with one of their grandkids, a cousin and his wife, and a another friend we don't often see.
Four generations on both sides of my family. I think that is pretty neat!
We enjoyed getting to know a cousin from far away that we had not met before. He and SweetTate had a good time playing trains together.
One of the highlights this year was this wild ride! A neighboring campsite brought this wagon they had taken the sides off of. Then they would pull it up the hill, and come down around the curve steering by the tounge. Let me tell you, when you come around the curve you are flying pretty good! They offered for us to join them, but at first I thought it looked like a suicide run. Then they began to have spotters watching for oncomming traffic, so we tried it. It was an absolute blast!
Daisy did really well camping. She surprised me. The only part she really didn't care for was the hike around the lake when we got caught in a thunderstorm. Princess doesn't like to get wet in the rain! I must admit that I didn't like the hail and being cold either! But overall she did great!
Of coarse, Granny and Papa were eating up their time with the grandkids!
We played games! Especially when it rained a lot of the time. It was great fun!
And we went on hikes around the lake.
And don't forget fishing!

This is one of my favorite places on earth--grant it, I have seen very limited places on the planet, but I think my Creator did an awesome job here!






4 comments:
You make it sound so fun ;)
Jenni, you are too funny!!!!! It was GREAT FUN!!!!
Thanks Shelly for putting it on your blog!
Mom
Wow! What a great time it looks like you all had. That's so awesome to have so many of your family elders for your children. I lost both my remaining grandpa's this year and all I have left are two grandmas... It's important for children to be close to as many of their grandparents and greats as they can be!
Where in the world did you go camping? It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Your pictures are great! Colorado?
Thank you for sharing the pictures. My mom is not too good with the whole downloading of pictures yet. Working on that.
Post a Comment