With Spring comes one of my favorite flowers--bluebonnets. When we went south for Easter, the bluebonnets were not out yet. I was a little bummed that we wouldn't see any and that we wouldn't get our annual picture. Then we found some right here! And they were gorgeous!
Spring also means baseball at our house. I have learned to enjoy it. I even look forward to Opening Day. (Yes, that is capitalized because it is an official celebrated holiday--at least in our house!) Little league happens a little differently here, and SweetBoy has moved up a league to kid pitch and that is different. SweetDoll is still waiting to hear when they start, so for now it is just SweetBoy playing. He is playing some really good defense and has gotten several hits so far. Play ball!
So here is the big news. Two years ago, SweetDoll began to understand what it meant to be a Christian--that God is the only true God, Jesus is God's Son, Jesus took care of our sin on the cross, He rose again, He lives in us, and we will be with Him forever in Heaven one day. Last week she decided to tell everyone and show that she was a Christian by being baptized. So this last Sunday, our family came in to celebrate this very special occasion with us. Our pastor said parents smile and are proud when their babies are born, but it is even more so when they become Christians. I believe that is true. One of the sweetest moments was when SweetDoll came back into the sanctuary after being baptized, SweetBoy met her half-way with a big hug--he was pretty proud of her too. (He held her even before I did when she was born, so it was appropriate that he got this first hug!) We had four generations present and it was a sweet celebration!
After lunch we had a few gifts for SweetDoll. She gave her brothers hugs for the necklace they gave her. I missed the first one, but I got these!
1 comment:
Yay for Sweetdoll! I know it was a weekend you'll never forget! Love you!
Post a Comment