Monday, June 7, 2010

Long time no see!

Wow!  Where did May go!  I have wanted to jump on here several times, but there was just no time.  Here is what we have been up to lately, and at this point a list is just easier.

1)  First, for the June 1st Scripture Memory team...I'm still working on the last one.  My goal is to learn 1 Corinthians 13 with the kids this summer.  We'll see how that goes.

2)  The end of the school year activities included a field day that was very fun!  SweetTate even got to participate.  SweetDoll's class needed another person for the three-legged race and he was standing there so he jumped in.  Um...he and his partner won...SweetDoll and her partner got second.  SweetTate even got a ribbon!  The faculty and staff did a great job organizing it and the kids had a blast doing all the activities.

Have I mentioned that SweetDoll loves to run!  And she is FAST!  One day she was skipping down the road and told me, "When I get tired, I'll just run."  She does not get that from me!
Little Miss Hula-Hoop
SweetBoy on the obstacle coarse.
SweetBoy in the Sack hop.  He and his partner in the three-legged race were quite a pairing.  They are both very competitive and pretty independent--they were headed two different directions before they got to the finish line! 
3)  Mother's Day


4) Then it was the last day of school and Kindergarten graduation!
5)  We had a birthday boy!
Cool Dude!
6)  Baseball is in full swing!
7)  Mom and I set a record for scrapbooking!  Her parent's 60th wedding anniversary is this summer and we wanted to do a scrapbook for them.  We did one for my dad's parent's 60th last year and it turned out really neat.  This one is very cool too!  I can not wait to see it!  You know, we had a year to do it and we waited until the last month before it was due, but we got it done! Yea!

8) Lucy is growing and doing good.  She is becoming part of the family.

9)  Let the summer begin!
10) My cousin and her girls went to our grandparents for a few days and we got to go up there while they were there.  That was fun to reconnect with them.  And it was good for this mom who is already tired of being referree all day, to have someone point out the good in my kids and cherish the time even when they were being loud and crazy.  I don't even have the pics off my camera yet, so I'll have to share that one later.
11) VBS week...I have never been so not-prepared, but with all the craziness I just haven't put that on the front burner.  Now it is "due tomorrow," actually today.  It is a little bit different to have five in a class that is Kindergarten and under, rather than 3 classes of kindergarten, 2-3 classes of four-year-olds, and all the workers kids babies through three years filling the nursery area.  It is less stressful, but I miss my homegirls working together to pull off a very fun week for the kids.  Don't get me wrong, the people are great here too.  It is just different, and it is something that makes me think of old friends.  Miss you guys!

1 comment:

Mom said...

good to read the report! love you Mom!

thanks for the Scripture update! I'll be back with you soon!