What am I thankful for today?
1. The Word of God
2. Living in the USA
3. Change
Change has been a buzz word the last year or so, and I never in a million years thought I would actually say I was thankful for change! When we moved to this house, SweetBoy's birthday party was 5 days after we moved. Just before the party, Mom unpacked the trinket box in the living room. We put things on shelves fast and furious and that is pretty much how they have stayed! My husband on the other hand seeks change. He looks at me and says, "Are you ready to move?" I offer to change the furniture around just to satisfy his itch for change!
God knew we would need change and He planned the change in the seasons and weather. I was afraid we would not have a very colorful fall, but the trees this week are showing their magnificent reds, oranges, and golds! It is beautiful! And I am thankful for the change! I'm ready for cooler days after the hot summer, and I'm ready for refreshing rain.
Not all change is good or wanted. And changing just for the heck of it or because it is a problem some other place but not here, is frustrating! Whether it is a move, a change in family dynamics, a change in leadership, or change in season, it is good to know that somethings rarely change and Someone never changes! I am thankful for my God who is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning--no matter what that morning brings. And if He brings change into my life, it has a purpose.
Just in case you were wondering...this is not an endorsement of the president-elect's change he has been selling all campaign. Honestly, I am feeling a little down about the decision that has been made by our country. Only because I don't agree with the things he stands for, it has nothing to do with his race. But today is better, and these ladies had some wise thing to say about the situation: Lisa on the disapointment, Amy on teaching our kids, Beth on what to do now, Jen with a practical solution--chocolate! And yes, I have hope and believe that God has a purpose in this change too.
No comments:
Post a Comment