Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thanks for the vote

These are in no particular order, but here is what I am thankful for today...

1. For the Word of God
2. That I live in the best country in the world

Today SweetDoll and I were discussing the election and why it was a big deal to go vote, and why I was choosing the presidential candidate that I was choosing. It made me realize, again, what a priviledge it is to live here. To have organized, fair elections, where each one has a voice in the decisions made. To know that even if the one I choose isn't elected, God is still in control. (Check out this great reminder of that fact from Beth Moore on this election day.) And I have the freedom to believe in the One True God and worship Him in this country. What a priviledge to live here! Thanks to all the military men and women who made it possible and still make it possible. And thanks to their families!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love your idea about being intentional throughout this whole month sharing what your family is thankful for! I think we'll make a fall wreath with our "thankful leaves".

Also, thanks for the link to that post from Beth Moore! It was such an encouragement and comfort to me.