I don't know about you, but sometimes I get the feeling others think that because I'm a stay at home mom, I just sit around watching soaps and eating bonbons. To be completely truthful, there was a time that I watched soaps, but as a brand new mom, I was hardly doing nothing. It was more for noise and adult conversation, been there? Anyway, SweetHeart came home the other day, and this is what I had been doing. You see, what is mostly on our TV now is kid's shows. On one of their favorite PBS shows,
Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman, we saw they guy who holds the world record for a card house--AMAZING! (His name is Bryan Burg and
here is one of his creations.) I have tried to build one before, but I always tried to make it with triangles and it never worked! Here is the secret we learned on Fetch! This is the strongest way to arrange the cards.
Then you just start adding cards around it continuing the pattern. We found that if you lay cards on top, it adds stability to it. This was my first attempt at a level (notice the cards are facing the same direction!) Part of the Ruff challenge was that their building had to be sturdy enough to support weight (I don't remember the poundage, but it was heavier than the little candle we used.) When I placed the candle on this...it collapsed! But doesn't it look good!
SweetBoy got in on the project and we got a second level going! (With some repairs along the way. Just in case you try this at home, it takes several tries!)
We got a third level and even a fourth!
Here goes nothing...
It supports our candle! I know you are so impressed. SweetHeart was, let me tell you. So the point of this post is that there is no bonbon eating going on here, but we are practicing some mad card stacking skillz!
No comments:
Post a Comment