Monday, November 3, 2008

Season of Thanks

I heard this idea a while ago, and I might actually do it this year. Let your kids cut leaf shapes out of different colors. Then everyday (or when I think of it) in November, have the family write something they are thankful for on a leaf and decorate the house/room with the leaves. In this culture of gimme and over-abundance, I want to focus on the blessings we do have.

So today what am I thankful for?
1. God's Word--that it is so helpful, relavent and applicable to my life today! That it is a love letter to me from my Creator. That I can depend on it and He never changes. That it has all the warnings I need to know to live successfully, and is full of the wonder of God. But not all the wonder...there is always more to discover. Amazing!

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Oooh, I love that idea. Use the die cut machine and cut them faster!