We had a great Easter Sunday worshipping at church! And signing went well. My family laughed at me because I would put on my high heels with my jeans to practice. But if I don't, I get off balance with heels on! So I'm pleased to report that I didn't fall or loose my balance. When I have the opportunity to sign at church, my prayer is that the audience worships with me, not just watch my performance. In the second service everyone stood up during the song and worshipped with us! It was great!
Then we were off to SweetHeart's grandmother's house, along with the extended family, for a delicious lunch! You know the big family dinners where you get one plate of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, salads, casseroles, and homemade bread...mmm! Then go back for a plate of "I can't decide which dessert so I'll try a little bit of these." YUM! Makes me hungry for left-overs! Then the rain had stopped, so it was a go for the Egg Hunt complete with confetti eggs. Too much fun! SweetBoy and SweetDoll need to learn a thing or two from SweetTate--he was gentle cracking eggs on heads! One little cousin would pick up an egg and shake it, looking for the candy, and he threw back several confetti eggs. I thought, "Oh Honey, you are young!" Everyone goes for the confetti eggs! And within a few minutes we are all covered with tiny bits of colored paper and giggles.
(Yes, I forgot SweetTate's cute basket, but we were on time to early church!)
On the Living Proof blog, Melissa was reminiscing about Easter growing up, and she asked what we remembered and looked forward to about the holiday. Growing up we would usually go to my cousins' house for the long weekend. They lived in a different part of the state so we would visit state parks or historical places in the area. Their dad was a preacher so we always went to church. That is what I look forward to: celebrating the most exciting, Good News day at church and being with family. I'm glad my kids are making those same kind of memories too.

Me and two of my cousins back in the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment