Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's Official

Well, it's official...we have a registered kindergartener at the Sweet House! My baby girl registered for kindergarten this week! She is so ready. On registration day, she was up and dressed with her hair done all by herself waiting on the rest of us to get ready! Everyone gives me a hard time about going up to the school to do it, when Dad could just handle it. But it is being part of the process that gets me ready for her to go to school. When we had orientation for SweetBoy starting kindergarten, I held it together long enough to get to SweetHeart's office and then I lost it. I'm hoping the second time around is a little easier. I can't believe these 5 years have gone so fast! This is truely the season of the longest days and shortest years. SweetTate and I won't quite know what to do with ourselves. I'm sure we will figure it out. I know I'm looking forward to no fighting in the day! Although, I must say that has gotten a little better as SweetTate has learned to communicate more clearly.

Baseball update...SweetBoy got a good hit, scored, and won his game last night! They were in a bit of a slump, so we were glad to see the win colomn again. SweetDoll played last Thursday. She is a pretty good little hind catcher, but she tried playing first base--oo, it was a little scary! They still managed to keep their undefeated record in place (which by the way, bugs SweetBoy! I have to keep reminding him that he can't compare their teams. Ah, the lessons learned playing sports!) SweetTate is practicing in the living room with a chatter bat from our favorite MLB team and a VERY soft ball. He has such a pretty swing! It will not be long before he is on the diamond too!

I hope this makes sense. My alergies are giving me fits and the medicine doesn't seem to clear my thinking very well, so please excuse the ADD-ness of this post! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

The second IS much easier! By the time the third is ready, you'll be skipping out of the school! : ) I love that phrase..."Longest days, shortest years" SO true! We gotta enjoy them while they last! These school years are proving to be lots of fun for all of us too!